A slight variation on my normal blogging, please help a homeless child this Christmas and share your Christmas memories with @RelScot
Christmas is one of my favourite times of the year. Everything is sparkly and there’s that hint of something magical in the air. Of course now that I’m a mummy Christmas is about creating amazing memories for my wee girl Jess.
I’m sure if you think about it you can think of lots of brilliant Christmas memories. For me I remember an amazing Barbie Bubble Palace that I was given when I was about four. It was amazing, it had a fountain in the middle which real bubbles came out of.
Of course last year was Jess’ first ever Christmas and I got to dress her up as a reindeer which was great fun, and I’ll always remember that she ate every last piece of her first Christmas Dinner.
A friend of mine shared her favourite memories:
“I remember after opening our present’s there was a note from Santa saying we should check the garage as he’d left something for us there so my brother and I ran to the garage in our pjs and dressing gowns and my bike was all purple and gorgeous. Also equally tied with my sister-in-law telling me she was pregnant and couldn’t have any of my homemade punch!”
What are your favourite memories of Christmas? We’d love to hear them. Tweet us @RelScot using the hashtag #xmasmemories or share it on our Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/RelationshipsScotland
As well as sharing your Christmas memories you can help give a homeless child a wonderful memory this Christmas by taking part in #SocialMediaSanta
There’s over 4000 kids homeless in Scotland right now.
You make a real difference to these children, so why not join us as a #SocialMediaSanta. Here’s how:
– Check out this year’s best books for kids, top toys and great games. Lots of which are under a tenner.
– Select an online retailer or support a local toy shop and pick a gift.
– If buying online: Add to Basket, use Shelter’s address at checkout (below) and add a wee message using the ‘gift’ option if available. Shelter Scotland would like to thank you personally for your gift.
– If buying in a local toy shop: Send to Shelter Scotland (address below) or drop it off at their office. Include ‘#socialmediasanta’ and your contact details on the outside of the parcel if possible. Shelter Scotland would like to thank you personally for your gift.
– Voila. You’ve made a kid who might not have otherwise got a present very happy this year.
Here’s the full address for Shelter Scotland, they’ll be distributing presents to the families projects in Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, Dumfries and Dundee:
Social Media Santa, Shelter Scotland, Scotiabank, 6 South Charlotte street, Edinburgh, EH2 4AW