I love a good traybake. Partly because they are easy to make but also because you can take a sneaky slice before serving them to people.
I’ve been playing about with a few traybake recipes recently. This is my aero slice recipe. My boyfriend said it was too dangerous to have in the house because it’s so nice.
Any other recommendations for traybakes?
350g of double chocolate digestives (crushed as finely as possible)
1 tablespoon golden syrup
1 tablespoon cocoa
265g condensed milk
300g aero mint chocolate
150g milk chocolate
- Put the syrup, cocoa, condensed milk and butter into a heavy based pan. Put on a low heat and mix until the butter has melted.
- Add the biscuits and 100g of the aero chocolate and mix to combine.
- Allow to cool slightly then break up another 100g of the aero chocolate and mix gently to combine.
- Grease and line a 20cm by 30cm tray and then press in the mixture with a spoon.
- Put in the fridge to cool, meanwhile melt the milk chocolate.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the traybake. Then break up the remaining aero and scatter across the top.
- Pop in the fridge until it is firm and then cut into slices.